Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Donato's

Dinner at Donato's on Mar. 24. I went to Fox Chapel. I didn't know much about the area. So I just looked for a restaurant and picked Donato's. The restaurant website looked pretty good, so I looked forward it. ok, what I thought was .... it was not bad. but I don't think I go to Fox Chapel for this restaurant. If I live in Fox Chalpel......hmmm, I don't know. 

Bread and Olives as Starter 

Baked Oysters : 3 kinds - All of three are mediocre.

Angus Beef Carpaccio - It was good. I liked it.

 Donato's Sald : heirloom lettuces, grape tomatoes, ceci beans, gorgonzola, pepperoncini, olives & roasted shallot vinaigrette

Soup du Jour : Lobster Bisque - a bit salty. I wouldn't be surprise if it's from a can of soup.

 Osso Bucco : with asparagus, parmesan risotto, gremolata - Meat was good, but still the sauce was salty. and rissotto was overcooked. The texture was like porridge.

Aged New York Strip - hmmm. It was not seasoned well. We asked less seasoned and only salt and pepper, but it was not enough. So our server offered us to make it again. yes, our server was very nice. However the second plate was still not what we expected, but we took it anyway. The menu has some steak plates and looked good. I thought they area good at steak. Maybe we picked wrong one??

Broiled Crab Cakes : with sauteed spinach, lemon aioli - Actually, it was pretty good. I could come back for this, maybe.

Donato's
http://donatosrestaurant.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment