Friday, March 29, 2013

Salt of the Earth (NACL)

Dinner at Salt of the Earth on Mar. 28th. I had heard a good reputation about Salt of the Earth and finally I went there. The restaurant has an open ketchen and nice atomosphere. As I made a reservation and a hostess took us to the mezzanine. I could look down on the hall and kitchen. I had vodka martini as a starter and I liked it. We ordered some appetizer. It was good, but we were not crazy about it. I think we could skip it next time or try something else. We had pork and duck for main dish and both of them are great. It cooked perfectly. I just didn't love wine I ordered much. I guess I should have ordered a bottle. But totally, I enjoyed it.
 
Beets : fennel, yuzu, hibiscus

Salmon : cauliflower ice cream, celery sheet, apple, grapefruit - Salmon was marinated and it's like ceviche. I liked celery sheet which is like jelly. It was good with salmon.

Pork - It's 3 ways, loin, pork belly and sausage. Oh my. It was so tasty. I love pork belly all the time, and the loin! It was gorgeous. It's so moist and went good with spicy sasami oil sauce. The white puffy one is rice cake. I think this dish is supposed to be Asian style.

Duck - Oh my(again)! The duck was also perfect. I think Salt of the Earth is good at grilling. Maybe I will try seafood next time. hmmm I'm not sure if I can ignore those beautiful pork and duck.

Salt of the Earth
http://www.saltpgh.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment