Sunday, March 22, 2015

Root 174

Dinner at Root 174 on March 21.

I heard good about Root 174 and I could try it at last. I had a few appetizers to share and lamb for entree. It was good. But it's not special. I felt like it is one of good restaurants in Pittsburgh. I am not sure if I will come back. Don't get me wrong. If I live in Regent square, I would be back.

Black Caviar Caeser - The boiled egg was perfect cooked, medium rare.

Braised Octopus - If you like octopus, do NOT order this. It tasted good, but octopus was awful. I understand that it's difficult to get fresh octopus in Pittsburgh but If I were a chef, I wouldn't serve this quality of octopus to customers.

Braised Lamb Neck -  This meal is huge. Lamb is so rich. I couldn't finish at all. So I got a box to go ... you will see what it'll be turned out at home.

Root 174
http://root174.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment