Monday, November 19, 2012

Cure on Nov. 18th

Dinner at Cure. OMG. It's so good. I think I like this restaurant the best in Pittsburgh so far. They don't serve alcohole but they charge only $3 per a bottle. It's very cheap! I had chef's tasting menu ($55) and I loved all dishes. According to a server, they don't have the tasting menu on busy days like weekend.
 
Salumi (Chicken Rillettes, Calabrese, Braseola, Duck Speck, Lardo, Coppa, Pate Americano) - the duck was smokey and perfect! 
 
Sparkling Wine for Appetizer : Moletto Prosecco Extra Dry DOC Treviso - I liked it a lot. Dry! Why not?

Foie Blonde and Veal Short Rib Terrine (Brioche, Apple Curd, Whipped Lavender Oil, Pomegranate, Pea Shoots, Orange) - This is my favorite. I can open one bottle of wine for this plate. OMG, foie blonde. Sooooo good. I openned red wine, of course.

Red Wine : 2007 Caldora Yume Montepulciano D'Abruzzo - I like Montepulciano D'abruzzo. It is my favorite grape. Nice wine and great food. Life is wonderful!

Lake Ontario Walleyed Pike Meniere (Brown Butter Potato Fondue, Bernaise, Buerre Rouge, Brocollie and Califlower Almondine) - Almond gives different texture to the fish. It was great.

Pekin Paradise Farm Duck (Apple, Caramelized Honey-Rutabaga Puree, Espelette, Cocoa and Coffee Espuma, Caramelized Baby Fennel, Smoked Beets, Minus 8 vinegar) - Smoked Beets! It was smokey and the flavor made the beets sweeter. I loved it! Minus 8 vinegar tasted very mild and deep flavor. In personal, the duck can be a bit smaller. But it was good. What I thought at the end of the meal ..... I should have brought another bottle of wine.
 
Roasted Pepper - Vanilla Bean Panna Cotta (Burnt Anise Meringue, Fennel Marmalade, Olive Caramel, Tomato Jam, Balsamic Zabaglione, Candied Hazelnuts) - I usually don't have dessert, but I enjoyed this place. I could take this for appetizer. It must go good with white wine.
 
Cure



No comments:

Post a Comment