Saturday, January 5, 2013

Dish, Osteria and Bar

Dinner at Dish on Jan. 3. I think it is very difficult to find good pasta at restaurant in Pittsburgh. Most of the place, they are overcooked. Al dente is not common here?? Anyway, Dish is the only restaurant I feel comfortable to order pasta. I mean I come here to eat pasta. They have also good appetizer. Dish is always busy, so reservatons are highly suggested even if you go early evening on weekday.

                           Bombay Sapphire Martini : My favort! Dry as desert! 

Bread and Olive oil with balsamic vinegar as starter

Crostini alla Scamorza : Toasted ciabatta bread with smoked mozzarella, prosciutto, sautéed mushrooms and basil - I liked it. I was still drinking Martini, but it would go good with dry white wine or beer. I also had a octopus dish, Polpo alla Griglia. It had 3 tentacles with salad.

Petto d’Anatra : Pan roasted breat of duck in a lingonberry demiglace with butter and sage potato gnocchi and rapini - It is perfect middium rare, but it doesn't smell to wild. I enjoyed it. and the rapini is a bit bitter and it gives a good accent on the plate.

Rigatoni allla Scamorza : Cream sauce with parmigiano cheese, green peas and prosciutto - It was not on the menu. The bartender reccomended me. It was really good and very rich. Of course, pasta was perfect!


Dish, Osteria and Bar

No comments:

Post a Comment